How to get subscribers? Making a profitable income through the website is more than just having an effective website. The truth is that an effective email campaign can generate up to 3 times the response. That can equate to more revenue and profitability. A growing email list can:
- Attract new customers.
- Generate buzz about your business.
- Build relationships.
- Therefore increasing your bottom line.
As a website owner, it’s your job to make sure you’re constantly adding fresh contacts. You’re email marketing campaigns so you can keep your numbers moving up. “The money,” as it’s often said, “is in the list.”
How to get subscribers Tips.
- Make it as Easy as Possible to Enter an Email Address and subscribe. Don’t ask for a lot of information. Offer the ability to subscribe through Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. Only ask for the name and email address. Do not ask for an address, likes, or any other information at this time. Every new line of data loses another 7% of potential subscribers. in conclusion, make the subscribe button Green and easy to see, with only one button. Extra buttons or moving to a new screen to get more information to lose potential subscribers.
- Encourage People to Forward Your Effective Newsletters. Motivating people to forward an email to a friend can help you reach more subscribers. However, it isn’t the same as adding a Tell-a-Friend button to your website or getting people to share your message via Facebook or Twitter. When persuading people to forward an email, make sure that they can click a link to compose their message online since not all email programs let you forward images and attachments. Plus, by allowing them to send their message directly online, you can track how many people have actually spread the word.
- Consider adding an overlay to your homepage. If you want to capture more emails, an overlay is a simple way to not only grab a visitor’s attention but also encourage him or her to give you an email address. You might not be familiar with the term overlay, but you’ve seen them. Do you know those boxes that appear after you’ve surfed a website for a few seconds? Unlike pop-ups, Overlays fade away if you click anywhere else on the site so it is a less evasive way to grab new subscribers
More tips on how to get subscribers.
- Get More Out of Your Opt-In Form by Offering a Special Deal to New Subscribers. Your opt-in confirmation page is a golden opportunity to present subscribers with an exclusive offer. Most opt-in “thank you pages” simply thank the user for subscribing and give them information on how to confirm their sign-up. Offer a coupon code or discount. Keep in mind, this isn’t the time to up-sell, rather it’s a chance to introduce new subscribers to something small and beneficial, such as a checklist or a free download.
- Invite Subscribers through your Social Networks. Your email newsletter isn’t the only way to connect with subscribers, as one well-known company learned. When was the last time you asked your Twitter followers or Facebook friends to subscribe? Now that Facebook has updated its API, you can also post your newsletter directly to your fan page – a great way to give non-subscribers a glimpse into what they could be receiving.
- Create an E-course or write a free eBook. A solid way to start an autoresponder series is by offering a 7-day email course. When you send seven emails for seven days to build a strong initial relationship and trust with your subscribers. If you have blog posts already you can simply copy and paste your content into a document. Then convert it to a .pdf, and just like that you’ll have an eBook! You can offer a free download in the response email after someone subscribes. Promote an online contest, like a free giveaway, and have entrants sign up or submit using their email address
Simple tips on how to get subscribers.
- Link to your site in your Email Signature. Every email you send is an opportunity to get traffic to your site. First of all, set up a custom signature with a link to your website, and the title of your site. There is a good chance that it will get clicked.
- Google AdWords. Pay per Click (PPC) advertising is a good want to go if you want to target your audience. When paying for traffic it makes the most sense not to send traffic directly to your homepage. Instead, send it to an optimized landing page or “squeeze page” where there is a single call to action such as subscribing to your newsletter so you can follow up via email.
- Facebook Ads. Facebook Ads are awesome because you can hyper-target your market. You can choose to direct your ads to any age group, any topic of interest, or in any region of the world.
Advanced tips on how to get subscribers.
- Do Ad Swaps with Other People in Your Niche. Ad swaps are a form of cross-promotion and a powerful way to build your email list while building relationships in the process. The way ad swaps work is you find someone in your niche with a similar-sized email list. therefore you send an email about their opt-in offer, and they do the same for you.
- Leverage your company’s YouTube channel. Add calls-to-action and URLs in your videos to encourage people to subscribe to your list. Include links to relevant landing pages in your videos’ text descriptions. In conclusion, YouTube’s strength in the SEO industry will draw subscribers to you.
- Collect email addresses at offline events. Local events and trade shows provide a wealth of targeted subscribers. By offering a free gift or dinner for 2 to a local restaurant, you gather all those leads or business cards. Import them into your database. Therefore, be sure to send these contacts a welcome email that confirms their opt-in to your list.