A common inquiry we receive is: Why use WordPress? Is there a need for me to switch to WordPress from my current platform, or is my current website adequate? WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) on the internet today. It is used by millions of websites, ranging from small personal blogs to large corporations, making it the ideal platform for creating a website in 2023. There are many compelling reasons to use WordPress, and in this article, we’ll highlight some of the most important ones.
As of 2021, some of the most recent statistics on WordPress include:
- WordPress powers over 60% of all websites using a content management system.
- WordPress is used by over 500 million websites globally.
- WordPress is available in over 70 languages.
- WordPress is the most popular website builder in the world, with a market share of over 35%.
These statistics demonstrate the popularity and widespread use of WordPress, making it a reliable and trusted platform for creating a website. However, it’s important to note that these statistics are subject to change, and more up-to-date statistics may be available in 2023.
Why use WordPress? 10 Reasons to use WordPress in 2023!
- User-Friendly Interface: WordPress is user-friendly. The platform is designed to be easy to use for anyone, regardless of technical knowledge. With a simple, intuitive interface, users can create, publish and manage their content without needing to know how to code. This makes WordPress an ideal choice for businesses, bloggers, and individuals who want to create a website without having to rely on a developer.
- Customizable: WordPress is highly customizable. With a huge range of plugins and themes available, users can easily create a unique and professional-looking website. Whether you want to add custom functionality, create an online store, or just change the look of your site, WordPress has a solution for you. This means that users can create a website that fits their specific needs and requirements, without having to start from scratch.
- SEO Friendly: WordPress is SEO-friendly. Search engine optimization (SEO) is an important factor in determining the success of a website. WordPress is designed with SEO in mind, making it easy for users to optimize their sites for search engines. With built-in SEO tools and a large number of SEO plugins available, users can ensure their site is optimized for search engines, increasing their chances of ranking higher in search results.
- Security: WordPress is secure. With millions of users, WordPress is constantly being updated and improved to ensure the platform remains secure. The WordPress community works tirelessly to identify and fix security vulnerabilities, making WordPress a safe and secure platform for creating a website. Furthermore, with a range of security plugins available, users can take extra steps to protect their site and data.
- Responsive Design: With the rise of mobile devices, it’s essential that your website is optimized for different screen sizes. WordPress themes are responsive, meaning they adapt to different screen sizes and provide a great user experience on all devices.
- Flexible: WordPress is flexible. The platform is designed to be scalable, so users can start with a simple website and easily expand as their needs change. Whether you want to add new features, increase your traffic, or sell products online, WordPress can handle it. This makes WordPress an ideal choice for businesses, bloggers, and individuals who want a website that can grow with them.
- Cost-effective: WordPress is cost-effective. Unlike other website builders, WordPress is free to use, and users only need to pay for hosting and any additional plugins or themes they may need. This makes it an affordable option for businesses, bloggers, and individuals who want to create a website without breaking the bank. Furthermore, with a large community of developers, users can find affordable solutions for customizing their sites and adding new features.
Website CMS comparison with WordPress:
There are many Content Management Systems (CMS) available on the market, but here is a comparison between WordPress and some of the other popular ones:
- Joomla: Joomla is a free and open-source CMS that offers more advanced features and customization options compared to WordPress. However, it has a steeper learning curve and requires more technical knowledge to use effectively.
- Drupal: Drupal is a highly scalable and secure CMS that is often used by enterprise-level websites. It offers a vast array of features and customization options, but it also requires a significant amount of technical expertise to use effectively.
- Wix: Wix is a cloud-based website builder that allows users to create a website without any coding knowledge. It is easy to use and offers a wide range of templates and design options, but it is less flexible and scalable compared to WordPress.
- Shopify: Shopify is a popular e-commerce platform that allows users to easily create an online store. It offers a wide range of e-commerce-specific features and integrations, but it is not as flexible as WordPress when it comes to customizing the design and layout of a website.
The choice of a CMS depends on the specific needs and technical expertise of a website owner. WordPress is a popular choice for its ease of use, flexibility, and scalability, but other CMS platforms such as Joomla, Drupal, Wix, and Shopify may be better suited for certain use cases.
In conclusion, WordPress is the best choice for creating a website in 2023. With its user-friendly interface, high level of customization, SEO-friendliness, security, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness, WordPress is the ideal platform for businesses, bloggers, and individuals who want to create a professional and successful website. Whether you’re starting from scratch or looking to upgrade your existing site, WordPress is the perfect solution for all your website needs.
We hope this article helps you to learn why use WordPress. If you have any questions please comment below or message us directly.